Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bramwell B&B

So our bed and breakfast is officially open for the season. Actually, it's been open for the last 6 weeks, but will be closing for the next 3 weeks. Our latest guests have included my wonderful in-laws back in mid-May. We went to a Padre game with them, huffed and puffed our way through the cystic fibrosis walk, and celebrated Scott's 33rd birthday with them. It was a lot of fun! I think I have pictures, but as stated in the previous post, I'm still learning the in's and out's of this new computer, and the photo program and I are fighting right now. The program is winning.
Three days after Barry and Linda left, my dad and stepmom's best friends came for the weekend. Gary and Sue are like my....fourth set of parents. Caden loved playing with Uncle Gary, and Gary and Sue both helped with my dreaded sac. talk. (see post below) They were also here for the start of potty-training, and even assisted with taking Soleil to the potty. Talk about great friends!!
Four days after Gary and Sue left, my brother David and his girlfriend Carrie arrived. David did a month internship at Scott's work, and Carrie washed windows. It was so fun to get to hang with my brother for an extended time, and gave my kids the opportunity to get to really know him. He and Carrie played with the kids, babysat the kids, and explored San Diego when we weren't unloading the kids on them. I really enjoyed having them here. Carrie left a week ago, and David pulled out this morning. And somehow I didn't take a single picture of David and the kids. He was here a month! Why am I so bad at this??? ugh!
My dear aunt Cathy came over from Phoenix last week for 24 hours to help me decorate my bedroom. She is a master decorator - incredibly talented and creative. She sewed my drapes, and I enjoyed her company, if only for a short time. One day I'll get her out here for a "non-working" trip. Thanks for all your help, Cathy! I LOVE the drapes!! It's probably weird to post pictures of your bedroom online, but I am so pleased with how these turned out. I'm anxious to finish the odds and ends, and get this room done!!
Please ignore the ghetto lamp. It WILL be replaced!!
This last week we had 2 different bouts of the fever thing going around. Caden got over it in a day, but poor Soleil got hit a little harder. I think we are all better now, just in time for our trip!
With the beginning of the month came the end of school. Caden LOVED his preschool and his teacher. This is from the last day of school.

Miss Cullison and Caden


Hope everyone has a happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

Sara LaClaire said...

yay! yay! yay! i can't wait to see you! i also hope we'll be able to visit bramwell b&b one day. but i also realize we're not just 1 or 2 people but 6! how did that happen? don't tell me, i know. ;) miss you!

Jill said...

LOVE the bedroom. It looks fabulous. Even the ghetto lamp.

Gavin and Shawna said...

Hey Sunshine~
I found your blog on Jen's...so cute! I am going to link you into my blogging friends. Our blog is:
gavinandshawna.blogspot.com
Now I just need to update=))

Gavin and Shawna said...

oops! Scott/David same thing, huh?! I am lame=)) But now corrected=)