Monday, December 17, 2007

Bethleham Village

Ahhh. Both kids are napping, I'm done Christmas shopping (I think - you never know what will pop up in the next week), and my housekeeper is coming today. Yeah - I love a clean house! Today is a good day!


This weekend we stayed busy doing all the fun December-kind of things. Friday nite we went to the Presbyterian church across the street from our neighborhood to their "Bethleham Village." I was SO impressed - they had llama rides, pony rides, a petting zoo, a live nativity, crafts for the kids, and refreshments. All for FREE! It was so fun! We ended up running into so many people from our ward....the Mormons take over the Presbyterian Christmas party! Ok, that wasn't as funny now that I typed it. But I found it fairly humorous at the time. What can I say? I'm easily amused!


Here is Caden and Chaz waiting for the llama rides. Thanks for the picture, Tammy!

Saturday nite was our ward's Christmas party....and we also did a Bethleham Village-theme. The food was good and we had fun. It's always fun to hang out with friends. Since I'm in nursery now, I have to leave sacrament mtg. before it ends, and stay in nursery until all the kids are picked up, so I miss chatting with everyone. Ah, well, that's what girls' nite out is for, right? (which was Thursday...and very much needed!) Santa showed up at the party, so hopefully Pix with Santa are forthcoming. I'll warn you now...Soleil was SCREAMING when I sat her down on Santa's lap. Hopefully she'll do better this week. I plan on taking the kids to do the mall Santa pictures. Wish me luck.
Why I didn't get any pictures of the cute party, I do not know. I was entirely focused on getting a picture of Soleil's first pigtails! Can you see them? Little wisps of blonde hair. And this picture also debutes my new hairstyle...I tried bangs. What do you think?










Saturday we made a gingerbread house. (Thank you Costco, for the premade sets!) Caden totally got into it. Soleil liked throwing the candy all around the kitchen. I think this will have to become a Bramwell tradition. (not the throwing of the candy. the building of the gingerbread house!)
Tonite we are going to a stake member's home that completely decorates their entire house for Christmas and has an open house every nite complete with Santa, little toys for the kids to take home, cider and cookies, and lots of fun decorations. Fun pictures to follow!

7 comments:

lisa said...

hey, now we are twins with our bangs!! well, triplets if you include katie :) you look to good, seriously.

*katie said...

Ah, now Alan and I know why you weren't around tonight when we tried to drop off treats! We'll try again tomorrow. Oh, and I love the bangs! How trendy are you, Lisa and me? We're such hip moms:) Soleil's pig tails were adorable by the way!

Maria and Ross said...

Sounds like you all are having a fun time getting ready for christmas. You look cute with bangs. Did you get some low lights too? And Soleil looks darling with the pig tails, that us a fun moment when you can finally pull thier hair back!

Kierstin said...

Cute hair, I love the bangs and the color! Soleil looks so cute, I love her pig tails! Way to go on all of the Christmas celebrating. Gingerbread houses are so much fun!

Unknown said...

Well, I've already mentioned in person that I like the bangs. They are really cute. Now instead of looking 25 years old, you look like your 20 or so. The Christmas activities are pretty fun.

Jen said...

We had such a great time with you guys. Soleil is so cute, even when tired. I am loving your new look. So hip!

Alicia said...

So cute! I love the bangs! They look so natural and I don't know if I would have even noticed because they fit you so well! I love Soleil's little pigtails too. I wonder if Hailey could pull that off...? haha.