Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A little ditty for Diane

First and foremost, a major thanks and "holla" to Diane for letting me borrow a bunch of stuff. I will be the belle of the ball, thanks to you! I have also been promising her the eclair cake recipe for way too long now. So here it is! It's so yummy; feel free to make it whenever. My only stipulation is that for any and all ward functions in which I am supposed to bring a dessert, I get dibbs on the eclair cake. Yes, it is that good!

Eclair Cake
2 small packages instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
12 oz. Cool Whip - thawed
Keebler Club crackers
1 container chocolate frosting

Whip pudding and let set for a few minutes. Add in Cool Whip. Layer Club crackers, then half pudding mixture, then another layer of crackers, then the rest of the pudding mixture and finish with a layer of crackers on top. (Do not forget the finish with crackers! The frosting won't adhere without them!) Cool overnight in fridge - or at least for a few hours - the top off with the chocolate frosting. Delicious!

Have a good one, everybody! See you on the flip side!

6 comments:

Christin said...

Thanks for the recipe! I thought it was a secret. I'm so glad you shared it!

diane said...

Thanks and I'm glad I can be your Fairy God Mother!!

Alicia said...

That looks like SUCH a good recipe! I'll have to try it and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Harper Family said...

What an easy recipe. I'll have to copy that off. THanks for sharing!! I want to see some Cinderella pictures from the ball :)

ferntyler said...

you know I LOVE that eclair cake. I'm going to pretend i didn't see the recipe (for my own health :)) - how was your event?

Alex said...

Thanks so much for posting the recipe. You have started a craze for eclair cake amomg my friends whom I've shared it with. I have alreay made it 3 x's ! And I am making it again for our Relief Society birthday party !
By the way - I thouht I didn't know you, but now as I look at your pictures - you seem familiar. We're we in the same ward right before we moved out?