Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Target

I love Target. For those of us that are high-class, we call it Tar-ja'. I find some reason to go to Tar-ja' at least once a week. Out of mascara? Off to Tar-ja'. Soleil blasted through the last box of diapers? I shall dash to Tar-ja'! In need of a cheap popcorn fix? Tar-ja', here I come! So I was at Target (I have tired of typing Tar-ja'. too much work, so it's back to Target) a couple of days ago. Soleil and I were weaving our way round the store, her sitting in the bottom of the cart eating the cheap popcorn while somehow pulling everything within arm's reach off the shelves, when a stranger asked me where the laundry detergent is. Now, I am a friendly person, and I know Target well, so I explained where the detergent was located and sent the stranger on their happy way. A few minutes later, another customer asked me where the garden hoses were. Having just perused Target's gardening section myself, again I explained the general location to the stranger, and off she went. For the third time in about 10 minutes, another person asked me the location of a product. I couldn't figure it out! Maybe I am spending too much time in Target...Do I really look like I know the entire store that well? I'm sure Scott would not be happy to hear that!
Until it hit me. I was wearing a red shirt and khakis, the uniform of Target employees. I grabbed Soleil out of the cart and ran home to change.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Too funny Sunshine!

*katie said...

So funny! That's totally happened to me too and I felt so silly wearing my bright red shirt!

Maree said...

Yes, so you WERE wearing the uniform, but shouldn't the kid in the CART have clued the people in that you weren't working?! Funny story though!

I love your family picture--did I tell you that already? Well, I do!

Jill said...

I have sworn off wearing red and khaki for that very reason. I have a Target across the street and I never know when I will be stopping by.