Sunday, October 14, 2007

New York City

Forgive my delay in posting about our fabulous trip. Let's get down to business.


We went to the Letterman show last Thursday. We sat in the front row and were even on TV....for a split second. Of course I noticed the camera on me, so I very nerdly (is that a word?) waved. If you'd like to see our Letterman debut, come to my house. I have it TiVo'ed. I really wish the second picture turned out. I'm posting it anyways. All around the city there are these guys selling bus tours. (I highly recommend doing the tour if you are going to NYC. Great and cheap way to see everything, and since it's hop-on, hop-off, you can use it in lieu of a taxi.) Scott and I bought our tickets from these 2 Jamaican gentlemen. They learned it was my birthday and insisted on singing to me. Loudly. With lots of movement - if you know what I mean. It was great!

This is Ground Zero. We poked the camera through a hole in the fence to get this picture. After 6 years, this is all that's happened.

We are huge Office fans, so I had to get Scott in front of the Dunder Mifflin sign. I should have bought him a Dwight bobblehead.

This is the view from our hotel room on the 42nd floor. We stayed right in Times Square. Had to be in all the action.
This is me doing what I do best. It's been so long since I've shopped without kids...I loved it. Why Scott took a picture of me shopping, I'm not sure. Maybe to document what I spent. Yes, I bought almost everything in my arms....and then some. ;->

5 comments:

lisa said...

the city that never sleeps!! so exciting!!

Watts Family said...

Three words:
I am jealous.

Amy said...

I'm with Chanel.

Jill said...

Glad you had fun. I'm jealous! I told Spencer that 30 is just around the corner and that Scott is setting the bar high. He just laughed. I'll probably get a toaster. Love you.

Harper Family said...

I want to shop!!!!