Monday, October 1, 2007

Perfect Angels....Or Devils??




Tomorrow we leave early a.m. to go to New York. I am so excited! We are dropping the kids off at Scott's parent's house in Maryland, going to a Philly playoff game with a college friend of mine (the Phillies might be playing the Padres that day, depending on if the Padres win tonite. Go Padres! We want to cheer you on in Philly!) (Ok, I know it's sad that I know this much about baseball.), then onto the Big Apple. We will sleep in (maybe, depending on Scott...he hates sleeping in and I love it), go shopping (that is NOT a maybe!), go see Wicked, and, mark your calendars, go to the Dave Letterman show on Oct. 4th. Everyone TiVo Dave that nite, and keep your eyes out for Scott and I. I'm so excited....getting tickets is quite the process involving answering a Dave trivia question. Good thing my aunt and uncle went last month...I asked my aunt what her trivia question was...and I basically got the same one. Whew! I love Dave, but he's on too late here. Maybe in a few years when sleep isn't such a precious commodity we'll watch him and Leno more often.
Hopefully the kids will be good for Barry and Linda. Soleil is (of course!) getting her first tooth now. She slept through the night last night; I'm hoping that becomes a habit. Caden loves his grandparents so I have no worries about him.
Ok, Jen just stopped by with vacay goodies. How cute is she?? Thank you! I will enjoy it all immensely!! You are too awesome, girl!
I know everyone gets on to see pictures, so I added a couple of the kids. I actually like these pictures of Caden and Soleil. They are looking at the camera and smiling, which as all you parents know, is a feat unto itself. The last picture is what I do not want to come back too. I know we are just starting the sibling rivalry/teasing/physical tortue stuff and we have years of it to come, but maybe the kids will miss us so much, they'll be perfect angels. At least for the 5 hour plane ride home? A girl can dream....
Alright. Enough rambling. I have to continue the all-day process of packing. I will leave you with this thought (directed at the San Diego Girlfriends): my 30th birthday is next week. When and where are we going to dinner? Discuss.....

4 comments:

Watts Family said...

um...I hear a filet calling my name from either ruth's chris or that Laurel place. I would like to try to come down again before the move if I can swing it. Give my regards to Broadway, and remember me at Harolds Square...Am I the only one that know that song?

lisa said...

you are going to have a blast!!! i'm sending my good vibes to you for good kids during the flight.

Lillie said...

I'm so jealous you're doing it without a baby in your arms or in your belly. Next time I'll hope for husband and sleeping in and perhaps Dave. Or Regis and Kelly-- I may have a crush on Kelly.

30 next week?!!! Happy Birthday Sunshine!

*katie said...

I'm so jealous you got to see Wicked! If I wouldn't feel guilty about leaving the boys all day I would go to LA to see it, but that won't be happening...Happy 30th!