Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Soleil!!

My baby is 2. Wow, that happened really fast! We went to Chuck E. Cheese's and celebrated in style there. Both kids love going there, and since Scott and I can split up and each follow a kid, it's fun and easy for all of us. Then back home for cupcakes and presents.
We have now officially entered the princess phase. She is starting to love all things girly and pink, which is such a stark contrast to Caden and all things boy. She got so much pink stuff this birthday, it's almost the main color of the playroom! (thanks, grandparents!) Soleil still loves to play trains and throw balls, so I don't have to worry about her not being too well-rounded. Although to add to her girly-ness, she seems to have developed a love of makeup. She loves to watch me put it on and she loves to put it on herself (she doesn't know there isn't anything on Mommy's big blush brush). She loves to color - anything, this is why I have microfiber couches - and makeup is just another version of coloring, right?
Soleil LOVES animals. It seems like her favorite is an elephant. She knows most of the animals and their sounds, and will imitate them for you. She does a mean elephant, complete with hand gesture.
I love to watch my kids interact. They love to play with each other. I'm almost intrigued by their relationship, never having any close-in-age siblings myself. Soleil will walk around the house when Caden is at school yelling, "Caden, where are you?" Whenever Soleil gets in trouble, which is just starting to become more frequent, Caden will tell me to leave his sister alone. I dig the big brother vibe. I love that they watch out for each other and love each other so much.
Soleil is such a happy, easygoing kid. She has a smile and giggle for everyone. She also has a strong personality and is becoming more independent, which I am glad for and scared of all at the same time. I wonder what I'll think in 10 year's time?
I love my little girl!!


I know I'm biased, but how cute is she??

Lining up the shot...Caden is a natural air hockey player!

Mmm....pink frosting! Although she never did eat any of the chocolate part.
What's that about?
"I love cupcakes!"

I love this picture. It shows how "well-rounded" my baby is....trains and tutus. And princess shoes, cause every girl loves her shoes!
A big shout out and thanks to Aunt Judy for making that adorable tutu for Soleil. Since none of her 3 Grandmas do homemade crafty things like tutus, I bug my aunts to adorn my daughter in their creations. Thanks, Aunt Judy....she LOVES it!
Another thanks to Tom and Jen. I got some wonderful comments from my last post about applying for my couch warmer position (you are all hired, by the way!), but Tom and Jen actually brought over chocolate! Thanks, guys!!

14 comments:

Judy said...

I'm so glad the tutu was a hit. I hope it lasts a long time. The adjustable ribbon should help. Get her a leotard and she's ready for dance class!

Kim W said...

She is sooooo cute. Wow, you bake pretty kids! It's fun having a girl that can be all girl, but totally hold her own!

Maree said...

Looks like she had a GREAT time! Just you wait until she discovers how to put the make-up on "I do it myself" and you end up with painted kid. SO CUTE!

diane said...

She is 2 cute in her tu-tu!

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! She is so freakin cute!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Love the tutu and train combo. Sounds like her mom-river rafting and dance class...Fun birthday party! Give her a big smooch for me.

Kierstin said...

Happy Happy Birthday Soleil!! Can't wait to see you all pretty soon!!

Sara LaClaire said...

yes, that little girl is so beautiful! happy birthday soleil!! and caden looks exactly like scott. you've got a beautiful family sunshine!

3WimmerBoys said...

I can't believe she is two! I love watching her dance in the aisles at church. She is one cute girl!

lisa said...

wow, her hair has come in soooo cute! happy bday baby girl.

Shelley said...

Wow, Soleil is so cute! Looks like she had a great birthday!

Lillie said...

Happy late birthday to your gorgeous little Soleil! When did her hair get so long?! She's like a real little girl --- already 2?!

Alicia said...

I can't believe how long her hair is now! That's so cute! I love the tutu too! Happy Birthday Soleil!

Lydia said...

Hi Sunshine! I hope you don't mind I checked out your blog. I saw your link from Kaisja's blog and couldn't wait to see what you've been up to. You have such a beautiful family, and you, of course, look amazing! My blog is jeffandlyd.blogspot.com if you ever want to check it out. I would love to hear from you! Take care!