Monday, October 20, 2008

Taking applications

Now that it's autumn and school has started, I thought our lives would slow down a little with the Bramwell Bed and Breakfast vacant. But if anything, things have gotten crazier! The last two weeks either Scott or I (or both, in some cases) have had something every nite. And with my swim class and Scott sign waving for Prop 8, every morning is filled now too. So I am taking applications for an evening stand-in couch warmer. (I get the Laz-E Boy chair to unwind at nite, and Scott gets the couch) Requirements: Sense of humor, a bag of chocolate, and no adverse body odor. Any takers?
Soleil's birthday is Thursday. I can not believe my baby is turning 2. Although the girl is all attitude already. She is going to give me a run for my money as a teenager. And my mother is laughing hysterically at that. Karma, right? 
Love you mom!!

9 comments:

Judy said...

Scott waves a sign on a street corner in the mornings? How does his boss feel about that? I am very impressed that you are so actively involved. Way to go!! glad you liked the tutu. I hope your daughter does too.

Jill said...

I'll apply. Getting over there might be a trick, but I can bring chocolate, I mostly smell good, and I can make bread. Also, I won't drink your Dr P. (I may drink your Diet Coke though). Yay for Prop 8! I also saw a thing on a proposition about animal cage sizes? Seems like a lot of controversy in CA this November. Happy birthday to Soleil a couple days early!

tawnya said...

I can't believe she's 2!

diane said...

Hold on! It will be quite the ride with a girl.

emwhitte said...

I can't believe she is 2 and that Zachary is turning 2 next month. Where did those 2 years go?

Harper Family said...

I've been giving out some of my applications so I may as well send one your way. Of course I plan on getting the job--when it comes to jobs, I like the best ones!!

Kaisja Clark said...

Hiya Sunny! I would love to be your couch warmer... Sounds like the perfect vacation. You like Gray's Anatomy, right? And, I just smell like kid, so I can't smell too bad. (well, at least it's a smell you are used to.)

By the way... if your almost two year old didn't have a little attitude, she wouldn't be yours! :D Happy birthday to your wild girl child!

Jen said...

I will add my application to the pile I am sure you have already received. I don't think I smell too bad, but that can change from day to day. I am always into buying, eating or really anything to do with chocolate.

ferntyler said...

funny post! would I have to switch between the couch and laz-e boy to keep them both warm, sounds like too much work :).. I hear you on the girls and attitude!