Thursday, October 9, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

I AM SO EXCITED I JUST CAN'T STAND IT!!!

I have regressed back to being 11 years old. I didn't think it possible, but last nite, as I was standing in the 3rd row, watching the New Kids on the Block come onto the stage, I found myself screaming and jumping up and down, hysterical, practically in tears. Mock me if you will. I don't care! Cause that was the BEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO! (the awesome seats didn't hurt, either!) I was able to gather my emotions enough to dance the nite away, still screaming all the while. Good times. And, to further convince myself that I have regressed 20 years, I am very proud to say that both Joey and Donnie looked at me and Jen twice. Joey did the head nod thing, and Donnie winked at us. And yes, I screamed like a little girl and almost had my knees go out. I'm glad Scott doesn't ever read this.

So Jen and I drove up to LA last nite for the concert - today is my birthday so this was my big birthday present. What a great husband to let me go and not mock me too much about this. (Thankfully my sis-in-law is going to a NKOTB concert next week, so at least the teasing will be spread throughout the family!) Jen and I had a great time, and got home at 2 in the morning. Can't remember the last time I was up that late that didn't involve nursing a baby! ;-> The 1 thing I am bummed about pictures. Online it said "no cameras allowed", so I obeyed and didn't bring my camera. Whatever! Everyone had their cameras! So we only got bad camera-phone pictures. Bummer. Oh well.

My throat still hurts from screaming. Good times!
Dark and grainy, but so fun!!
Whose Joey looking at? That's right, baby, ME!!
Jordan and Jon
The Boston Boys are back!! NKOTB For-eva!!
It's my birthday. Feel free to send flowers or chocolate.

18 comments:

Goodman Family said...

Happy Birthday Sunshine!!!!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun thing for you and Jen to get to do together!

HappyHulets said...

Oh holy freaking sweet! They are coming to Detroit and I really want to go and be that screaming little girl again too!
Jen H.

Kierstin said...

Happy Birthday Sunshine!! Those phone pics turned out pretty good! I think it is so awesome that you went to the NKOTB concert and that they winked at you...how fun!! Happy Happy Birthday! Love you, miss you!

Judy said...

Hilarious! You can still let your hair down once in a while even when you're a mother of two. I hope it was everything you wished for. Happy Birthday. The tutu is in the mail or at your house by now!

Harper Family said...

Wow!! He really is looking at you :) Happy Birthday!!!

Jill said...

I've been thinking about you all day, but still haven't called and it is now 7:30 pm and I know you are probably celebrating like a mad woman. I'll call anyway, so that you know how much I love you. Happy Birthday!

Joel said...

awesome! nothing better than feeling like a teenager on your birthday but not having the restrictions of being a teenager. ;D happy birthday!

diane said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a blast with your boyfriends.

ferntyler said...

Happy Birthday! that is hilarious! I love the matching basketball jersey outfits on the guys :)

Shelly said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!!!!! I LOVE Donnie. I wrote him a letter when I was little and he never responded. WHATEVER!!! Happy Birthday! I wish I could have celebrated with you. )o; Love ya!!

tawnya said...

You crack me up! Happy Birthday!

Jen said...

I had a complete blast!!! It was great fun feeling like a teenager again. Happy Birthday Sunshine...you rock!!

Jen said...

I had a complete blast!!! It was great fun feeling like a teenager again. Happy Birthday Sunshine...you rock!!

emwhitte said...

Happy Birthday! I loved reading your post about the concert--age is just a number right? Hope you had a good one! We miss you guys!

Kim W said...

How funny is that?! Ha! Happy B-Day to you! Welcome back to being 11 years old!

3WimmerBoys said...

Ok, you totally crack me up! I went to the New Kids on the Block concert at BYU when I was in JR. High, and I must say it was one of the most fun things I have ever done. Isn't it great that you can still have that much fun at 30?! I love it!

Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...

Happy Birthday to You!! What an awesome b-day present. I totally remember playing with the NKOTB barbie dolls so that would be awesome to really see them in real life :) Glad they made your day!!!