Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pumpkin Patch and Halloween

I really need to catch this blog up - so this post will get me through October and hopefully caught up.
We went (almost a month ago!) to Bates Nut Farm with our neighbors for some hay rides and photo ops. It was so much fun! Definately a tradition in the making!









Caden and Brennan started a game of King of the Pumpkin. They had so much fun climbing up and pushing each other off. Ah...boys will be boys.
And now for Halloween!
Jen inspired me with her cute themed Halloween pictures from years' past, so I convinced Scott to also do a theme. I originally wanted Caden to be a BYU football player and Soleil a BYU cheerleader, but apparently so did every other BYU alumni. The bookstore was sold out of the cheerleader outfit for weeks, but I think we came up with a great alternative.
Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Captain Hook, and Tiger Lily!!

Seriously, have you seen a cuter Peter Pan??? And Soleil killed me in her little Tinkerbell outfit...trying to crawl with all that toile and satin...too funny!!
Peter Pan LOVES Halloween - totally got into trick-or-treating. We went around the neighborhood with Spiderman and his dad, Don Ho, and Spiderman didn't want to get out of the wagon. Peter Pan got so much candy that we had to empty part of his bag into Spiderman's so he could keep going. Good thing too, cause Spiderman needed something in his bag!
(Ok, so looking at the pictures, I needed to pin up my apron. It looks like I'm pregnant. Oh well - and I'm not!!)
This was my first time trick-or-treating with Caden. It was so much fun! We left a bowl of candy out - and I wondered if the first kids that came would empty it out - until we started going and noticed that that's what most houses did too. Made me feel better. Anyways, Caden got quite a stash that Scott was kind enough to take to work the next day so as not to tempt me. Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween too!

4 comments:

Kierstin said...

Sunshine!! You all look so cute! I am so impressed that you all dressed up, what great costumes! Looks like the perfect Halloween!

Jen said...

You are so photogenic. I think your sassy hat is totally cute. You and Amy both pull hats off so well. I love that The Big Macs are bigger than Soleil. Now I feel like I am just gushing...but too freaking cute.

lisa said...

peter pan, good idea!! looks like everyone did a theme this year! cutie pa-tutie!!

*katie said...

I love the brown hat you wore to Bate's! I don't think I could pull it off! And love, love your costumes:)