Friday, November 16, 2007

Tagged...

Ah, crap. I got tagged....three times. Here goes...
The rules: A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I love Dr Pepper. The sound of the can opening is only a slight second to the sound of my children laughing. That is how much happiness I get from drinking a nice, cold DP. I know this is sad. I have tried to beat my addiction, only with limited short-term success. Hey - this problem is genetic! My family has been drinking DP since it was introduced to the public in 1905. My great-grandma took a big glass of Dr Pepper to work with her everyday. I know, still sad.
2. I have lots of family. Seriously. In our 5 years together, Scott still hasn't met all my family. Because of a few divorces in my family, I have 7 siblings, 4 parents, 7 living grandparents, 25 aunts and uncles, and so many cousins, it'll make your head spin (I think first cousins number at about 60). I cannot fathom what it's like for those people without a lot of family. Boring, kind of sad, but definately cheaper...do you have any idea how much I spend at Hallmark in a given month? (And this isn't even counting Scott's family!)
3. I love to travel. I have been to every state except Alaska. Thankfully the kids travel pretty well, so we log a lot of frequent flier miles, especially since none of the aforementioned family lives close. So far my favorite places are London and Hawaii. I'd like to explore mainland Europe and Australia, and have to mark Alaska off my list.
4. I love to white-water raft. Rafting is a family tradition - we go every Memorial Day weekend to the same spot in Idaho, and then try to go on a 5- or 7-day long trip sometime in the summer. You get all sorts of people out on the water, but away from the hustle and bustle, you also get the best out of people. Some of my favorite memories are on the river. All of my family loves it too - my stepdad's favorite joke about my boyfriends was that if he could stay in the raft, then he was ok. (Yes, he even said that same joke at my wedding luncheon!) We didn't get to go this last summer, and I truely missed it. I can't wait for Caden to get old enough to take him down his first wavetrain. This is a love I hope to pass onto my kids.
5. I love to dance. I started when I was 3 and danced into college. In high school, I loved having the house to myself so I could turn on the big stereo and use the windows as my mirror and dance, dance, dance. I trained in all types of dance - ballet and jazz were my favorite. I miss dancing. I really miss my dancer's body! ;->
6. I am an organizer. There is a certain thrill I get from clearing off my desk, finishing my to-do list, making a new file. So far I have refrained from buying a label-maker; I'm seriously afraid I'll go to crazy with it. Example: we just had Caden's birthday party (pix and a post forthcoming), and I had to go through the toy room and take out old toys to make room for the new ones. When the time comes for me to go back to work, becoming a professional organizer holds quite a bit of appeal for me.
Whew - enough soul-searching for tonight! I tag Star, Jill, Lisa, Tammy, Chanel and Amy.
Hope you enjoyed!

7 comments:

Kierstin said...

So much fun to read about you Sunshine!! Did you get the invite to my blog?

Harper Family said...

I'm impressed....I actually have been to Alaska, but hardly anywhere else...

*katie said...

I used to love Dr. Pepper but decided to stop before the addiction kicked in! I've been white water rafting twice and would love to go every summer like you do, but Alan and his dad and all of his brothers almost died (no joke) the one time they went so it doesn't hold a lot of appeal for him!

Jen said...

I knew you had a Dr. Pepper addiction, but until the other night,I had no clue how serious it is.I am utterly astounded at your Dr. Pepper talent. I mean to be able to take one sip and instantly know it is Mr. Pibb instead of Dr. Pepper...man oh man you got it BAD!!

ferntyler said...

One sip to find which is which? I would guess she can probably tell from the smell of it (i'm not kidding, it is totally different :))

lisa said...

if you love to travel so much why don't you want to go to brazil with me!! we could raft through the amazon!! and i've already been tagged, so how does this work?

Alicia said...

Dave's family has the same addiction with Diet Coke. His brother can drink like...20 2 liters of it in less than a week. Isn't that sick!? So don't feel too bad!