Sunday, February 17, 2008

Achoo!! and other thoughts

I need to do some serious catch-up on my 52 Blessings. Sorry that this is all I'm blogging about right now...but hey, at least I'm posting once a week.


Blessing #4 - HEALTH. We don't have it at my house right now, so I'm really missing it. I shouldn't complain....we don't have any big problems. Soleil has a virus infection that made her lymph nodes swell so big she won't eat or drink anything. Poor thing. Caden has a cough and runny nose; nothing too big. And both Scott and I woke up this morning with the starts of colds. Just annoying, but thankfully nothing alarming. So I am thankful for HEALTH. (and you should be thankful that I didn't post any pictures of our non-health)


Blessing #5 - PHOTOGRAPHS. My mom went through her thousands of pictures and organized them into boxes for us 5 kids. I went through my photographs and discovered ones I've never seen before. It's been so fun finding these. I'm not sure how old I am in this picture (one-ish), but it's pretty funny. Some habits never die, huh? JUST KIDDING!

Blessing #6 - MEMORIES. Looking at all these old photographs but having no memory of them makes me very thankful for MEMORIES. My dear Grandmother was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Makes me want to start doing brain/memory quizzes right now. Hey - isn't that why I love Sudoku? This is my Grandmother and I on my 1st birthday. (She's an Arizonian and I get my coloring from my dad.) Love you, Grandmother!


Blessing #7 - HERITAGE. I know our church is really big into geneology, but I'm not. Yet (maybe in another 30 years). But I am thankful for my ancestors. And I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to have known all my grandparents, even some great-great grandparents. Knowing where we came from enriches our lives. This picture that I came across is a 5 generation picture of my mom's dad's side of the family. Seriously, did I have any hair??

7 comments:

diane said...

I too am thankful for health. I think we don't appreciate it until we lose it!

*katie said...

I hope you all get healthy again soon! We're currently all healthy and I'm crossing my fingers we stay that way! I too love pictures and memories. Your pictures are priceless! Love the finger up the nose:)

Jen said...

I knew their was a little nose picker in you!! Just kidding. I am sorry to hear that all my friends are sick or getting sick. Poor Soleil...I am sure your sleep patterns have not been the best with her being so sick. Hopefully your and Scott's colds will pass quickly. Hang tough!!

ferntyler said...

I love seeing old pictures! Those are so cute - love the couch in the multi-generational one - that is amazing you went from no hair to awesome hair!
Michelle

the Cardon Clan said...

I loved seeing all those old pictures--especially because I knew every one in them. Thanks for sharing!

lisa said...

i have the same exact picture of myself picking my nose. pig tails and bewildered expression and all. we were meant to be friends!

Alicia said...

I love pictures too and I also love old ones. I love the pictures! :) So cute!