Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Does your tummy hurt?

I don't know if this is spillover from my pregnancy with Soleil, but occasionally Caden will ask if my tummy hurts. He is genuinely concerned, and is very cute. Today the kids were playing, and for once, I was sitting down watching. This alone is apparently cause for concern, because Caden climbed up on the couch next to me. I was slouched down pretty far, and he reached over and cups...my chest. The conversation was as follows:
Caden: "Mommy's tummy hurts?"
As I move his hand down to my actual stomach, "No, my tummy doesn't hurt."
Moves hand back up to chest. "You sure Mommy's tummy no hurt?"
Move his hand back down again. "This is Mommy's tummy. No hurt."
It's happened. I turned 30 and you can't tell my stomach from my boobs. I'm gonna go do a 100 crunches before bed.

11 comments:

*katie said...

OH MY GOSH!! That is so funny! Give me a couple more years and I'll probably hear the same thing from one of my little guys!

Camille said...

classic. that is hilarious!

Kierstin said...

SO funny! That really is hilarious :-)

Jen said...

Seriously funny!! That Caden...just so in touch with Mom.(no pun intended..hee:-)

diane said...

That's a 10 on the humor scale!

the Cardon Clan said...

I am still rolling with laughter!

Judy said...

We all got a chuckle at that one. At least you have something to sag!

Alicia said...

That is so cute! Very funny. I love that kids don't understand simple things like personal space (or where tummys are).

Sunshine said...

So funny!

Jill said...

I am so glad you are my cousin. I haven't laughed that hard since the pregnancy stories of you in the bathroom. Those always got me going.

lisa said...

i miss that little guy!